Posting Guidelines/Calendar Policy
Please review this posting guidelines to avoid disappointment.
With the growing number of submissions to our calendar we are unable to respond
to all events submitted. If your event does not qualify for a free listing, it may qualify for an upgrade or display ad.
We are looking for entertainment-focused events
that answer the question, "What is something fun or entertaining I can do today?"
View this information in a table format
Post for Free to our Events Calendar for Allen, Frisco, McKinney and Plano
- Businesses may submit only one event per month, such as a restaurant submitting live music or entertainment. If more than one event is submitted,
then we'll pick the one we like best for the calendar. (If you have more events to add, consider our
- We invite tourism bureaus, cities and towns to submit their events that are not already included on the calendar. There is no limit to the number
of events we'll accept from these organizations as long as they fit the criteria listed below.
- The types of fundraisers that qualify for free listings are events that people can participate in or the general public would find fun to
watch, such as a tournament, concert contest, festival, wine tasting, BBQ--something FUN--without an expectation of producing sales.
- Major multi-day events such as community-sponsored festivals (Title may not change)
These Events Require the Purchase of an Expedited or Upgraded Listing with Image
- Events that charge admission. (Exception may be made for nonprofit events.)
- Promotion of the business' services or products in the event listing or description.
- Branding (including the business or organization name) or "3rd Annual" or similar.
- Pet adoptions located at a pet supply store.
- Grand openings of a business that includes live entertainment.
- Builder-sponsored events designed to create interest in a community.
These Events Require the Purchase of a Display Ad
- Multi-day events such as classes, camps, VBS.
- Events designed to produce sales or promote a specific business do not qualify for a free listing. In other words, we won't post "Kids Eat Free
on Thursdays!" or "$5 off a pizza!" or any event we deem to be designed to promote sales at a specific business on a given day.
- A venue that charges admission and is hosting an event (such as an art or cooking class, theme park, or entertainment complex).
- Events located outside the boundaries of Collin County.
- Events outside the scope listed above may be considered for a display ad.
What We will not Post or Include on the Calendar
- Open houses, ribbon cuttings, grand openings, anniversary celebrations, religious services,
and fundraisers without a specific entertainment component.
- Political and club meetings, work projects, business networking, seminars & workshops, lectures, hiring events.
Guidelines for Event Submissions
Events must be family-friendly postings or clean "adult" fun, such as wine tasting.
Events should appeal to the majority of our viewers and provide interesting answers to the question "What should I do today?"
- When we select content for the calendar, we use the same criteria as listed above. This is why we don't list all of the events that take place at
a particular venue.
- It is best to provide us with a link to your event, but if you don't have one, we'll provide the necessary info on our event page. We will
not search for a link if the link you provide is not a functioning link.
- If an event is submitted without complete contact information, the event will not be posted and we will not respond to the submission.
- We'll try to post the event within a week from submission, but we do work on our
paid listings first. (See below for how you can move your event submission to
the top of our list.)
- If we do not post your event because it does not qualify per these guidelines, we will not contact you.
Will Your Event Be Posted Quickly?
When posting events to our calendar, we work in the following order:
- Display advertisers
- Expedited and Upgraded listings
- Sponsored listings
- Calendar submitted using our submission form
- Personalized emails
- Press releases
- Events we find in our search
Move Your Event to the Top of our Priority
- Become a Display Advertiser
- Expedite your listing
- Upgrade your listing with an image
- Submit your listing on our submission form
Updated August 8, 2019