Our ads are 300x250 pixels as shown here:
We sell one size: 300x250 pixels
Why? Because our site is fully responsive, and it looks great whether viewed on mobile or a desktop! Over 62% of our viewers consistently visit us on
a mobile device or tablet.
What You Get with Your Ad:
Your ad purchase includes a listing on the same page that your display ad will appear.
- Example: You purchase a display ad on the "Date Night" page, your listing will appear on the "Date Night" page.
- If your ad appears on a page that does not include listings, such as the "Home" page, your listing will be posted on the most appropriate
page for your type of business. If we do not currently have one, we will consider creating one to fit your business.
- Calendar Display Ad purchases include one event listing per week.
- Your ad clicks through to your website.
Listings are only offered with the purchase of a Display Ad. However, once you purchase your display ad, if you'd like to purchase additional
listings we will send a button to you to purchase them at $99/month.
There is a two month minimum
on all ad buys. After that, your ad automatically renews monthly
and we require a 30-day notice.
Your credit card will be billed each month until you cancel automatic payments.
How You Pay for Your Ad:
All billing is set up on your credit card or PayPal when you place your order. It will automatically renew each month unless you cancel it. You do
not need a PayPal account to purchase an ad with us.
What You Will Need for Your Ad:
- Your ad. Your ad must be sent to us ready to post. We provide "how to" instructions here. This
is how we keep our ad costs affordable. If you would like help in creating your ad, we can do this for you too for $199. If you commit to staying with us
for 12 months, we'll create the ad for you at no cost.
- 50-word description. This is the information we will include in your listing. We will also include event descriptions when posting events
to our calendar.
- Contact person and information. We will work with one person through this process, so be sure to have that person's email address and
phone number readily available. Why? Remember the old adage "too many cooks spoil the broth"? We find that's true with posting an ad, too. You
will also have one person at Collin County Guide who will work with you from ad purchase to ad posting.
- Comments. Do you have additional info you want to include, such as "this event is reserved for folks 21 and older"? Please include it.
Other Things You Should Know:
- On average 49,000 times each month someone visits Collin County Guide.*
- On average 28,000 times each month someone clicks off of Collin County Guide.*
- 32% of our viewers come from the City of Dallas, 47% from Collin County.
- We do sell the large ads at the top and right side of the site which appear on all pages--when they are available. Of course, they are the most
desirable and therefore most costly of all the ads because every visitor to the site sees them. Inquire by sending an email
- Unlike ads on an ad server, our ads are hosted on our site and are not blocked with ad blocking software.
- You'll be agreeing to our Terms and Conditions when you purchase your ad. Every business has to have one.
- We offer phone support (by appointment) for ad buys totaling $6,000 or more in a 12-month period. (That's $500/mo for 12 months.) If you would like personalized
attention, we're happy to help through email. Just send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We don't accept checks, just credit cards.
- We post ads on the first of each month. The ad cut-off date is the 15th of the preceding month. (Special circumstances may be considered.)
*Per our 2017 Google Analytics
From the Owners, Dave and Debbie Krubsack:
Our team is here to help you, not to sell you.
We will guide you to match your ad to your target audience (the most value per view) or the page with the most views (to get your name in
front of the most people). You decide which works best for you.
Is there something you'd like to see here on Collin County Guide? Let us know! We're always listening!
Dave and Debbie Krubsack
Updated October 31, 2017